Sunday, October 05, 2014

Year of Projects 2014

Progress!

Pivotal shows that 1 of 6 items are complete and one... finished this passed week - go me!

*self high five... ya know, if that is a thing*

I could probably have been much more productive if I didn't spend a lot of time knitting off the list. Oops? But truly - who is really surprised here?


I did end up finishing one pair of socks. Last week I had reported I finished sock 1 and started sock 2. Sock
2 didn't take any time at all - mostly because the yarn I was using was a little thicker than I normally use so I ended up whipping through those with size 4 DPNs.

These will be a Christmas present. Right now they are the root of a scandalous lie! You see - the person wearing the socks in the picture is actually the person that is going to get them for Christmas. I told him they were for his dad - and then when we are all together, I said they were for my step dad.

Oh the lies!

These socks were the only YOP2014 list item I worked on this week. I spent one day working on a school spirit hat that ended in an epic fair isle fail, which I blogged about (here, if you are interested).

I also ended up knitting up a tiny little bag. I had started writing the pattern with a specific purpose in mind, but I don't think the little bag will work - but its a cute little bag ... and it felt good to be writing a pattern again. I will most likely put the pattern up here for free either today or early next week. I think it would serve great purpose as maybe a tooth fairy bag, a barbie accessory, or ... I dunno. Something that requires a very small bag.


YOP2014 List
- Socks - done
- Socks
- Socks
- Spats for my daughter
- Illusion Knit - no progress this week
- Lapghan #2 - no progress this week

---- 
Visit the "Year of Projects" group on Ravelry if you want to read more about others who are tracking their work or if you want to join in the fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment