Sunday, March 25, 2012

Year of Projects: Week 39

Project Percentage Complete: 80%
Overall Percentage Complete: 96%

Number of Project Items: 20
Number of Added Items: 184

Total Completed Items: 196
Total Items: 204



What a slow week it has been for me. It isn't because I have not been crocheting, it is because my focus has been mostly on the afghan that I am making (and not sharing pictures of hehehe). I know I know - I really should show my progress. I am thinking that when I get to the halfway mark, I may show a bit of it just to tease you along - but we will see. Just to give you an idea, I am about 35% complete and I have already used 6 skeins of yarn and am working on my 7th.

Crazy!

I am liking how it is working up though, so if I do not win a ribbon at the State Fair with it, that's ok - I'm going to end up with an awesome afghan for this winter.

I really wish  my update were more fun this week - but alas, it just isn't.

Along with crocheting a lot, this weekend I have spent a LOT of time in the back yard. Those who have followed this blog for more than 6 months know that I moved last summer. Because of where our old house was and the lack of a decent yard, we never had things like patio furniture nor did we need to worry about how nice the area was because we never spent any time outside.

This house, in my opinion, has a wonderful back yard and is beckoning us to spend a lot of time in it - which we are going to oblige. This means, though, we have to get furniture and spend some time getting it ready. It already has a plethora of plants popping up all over the place (which is like a horticulturist Christmas - we have no idea whats going to come up next LOL)

In addition to that, we are planting a garden. This will be our first garden as adults! I have a little experience from childhood. I don't think the man has any at all - so this will be a great adventure.

And, because I always like to end my blog with a photo - here is one of the kids playing in the backyard while we were working on the garden.

Project List Items (not complete)
- Lacet Table Runner [frogged - need to restart]
- King Sized (plus) afghan Throw for living room sofa [state fair project - 35% complete]
- Round Afghan/Throw
- Angel Tree Topper

Project List Items (done)
- 14 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments
- Easy Cabled Scarf
- Poncho (early Christmas present)

Added Items (not complete)
- Wristlet Bag (adjusting pattern) [...65%...]
- 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector
- 1 knit scarf [started]
- Girls Trellis Poncho [started - my own pattern that will be posted free]

Added Items (done)
- 1 crocheted Wristlet Bag (making my own pattern)
- 1 Ear Bud "purse"
- 1 crocheted hand bag

- 2 Crochet Bags (Mystery CAL Beach Bag, EnviroTote #4)
- 1 knit doll dress

- 5 Knit Washcloth
- 32 Crochet Wash/Dishcloth
- 1 crochet face scrub finger mitt (Christmas present)
- 1 dust mitt

- 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector
- 4 crocheted towel toppers

- 1 WW Yarn Runner for  ledge
- 24 crochet scarves
- 1 knit scarf
- 2 crochet cowls
- 5 Hybrid Hat (pattern coming soon)
- 1 knit hat
- 13 crochet hats
- 2 crochet character hats (sock monkey, puppy)
- 10 crochet hat clips
- 10 crochet headbands (some are Sherry's Headband)
- 10  Candy Stocking Ornaments
- 2 Crochet Lid Topper
- 2 wreath pins
- 1 Spiderweb Doily
- 1 small decorative Christmas tree (didn't like, threw away)
- 6 mug cozies
- 1 pair knit socks
- 4 crochet Faux Boob (pattern)
- 24 SIBOL Square
- 5 crochet pet beds (1 was not for donation, the rest are)
- 2 crochet mitts (owl mitts)
- 2 cup cozies (1 knit, 1 crochet)


---------------------
This post is part of the Ravelry Group "Come Blog-A-Long" #yearofprojects Project. If you are interested in joining along or finding other posts similar to this one, visit the group on Ravelry.

4 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

If you have a tree that can be climbed then it's an awesome backyard. My gardening tips? See what's thriving in your neighbours' gardens to get a good idea of what will work in yours. Read the tags on the plants and make sure you stick to plants for your climate zone or even a zone or two lower - hardy plants are more successful for amateur gardeners. And then plant a variety - what does well changes from year to year depending on how much rain and how many hours of sun. Good luck!

Sandy said...

Gardens can be fun, but also lots of work.  Used to have a good one, I canned, and I used a dehydrator....now I go to the store.  Been thinking about decreasing the flower beds.......getting to be too much work.

Ruth said...

Enjoy your time in the garden, its lovely when the weather is great to get out into it. The children look like they are having great fun :)
Really really really looking forward to an afghan pic, even if its just a tease of one lol.

Kate said...

Enjoy your garden! Looking forward to a sneaky glimpse of the secret afghan at some point!

Post a Comment