Sunday, October 30, 2011

Year of Projects: Week 18

Project Percentage Complete: 59%
Overall Percentage Complete: 61%

Number of Project Items: 27
Number of Added Items: 29
Total Items: 56

I had a bit of a faux pas with the socks. I'd like to say it was a "newb mistake" but I'm afraid it was just me not paying attention. What happened is I was visiting my mother when I decided to start on the second sock rather than attempting the short-row heel on the first sock. So, I shot over to Hobby Lobby and grabbed a new set of dpns. Yup... a new set... that were 1 size too small.

*sigh*

Oh well. I used the 2nd sock to practice the heel on and learned the lesson that I really don't want to attempt the heel on my "real" sock without the yarn ladies at my side.

That'll teach me, eh? Since I won't be able to go to yarn group for a little, I've had to set my fantastic socks to the side temporarily. That has opened up my craft time to a lot of other things.

One Hour Cowl with Black Buttons
In list news, I added 3 new items to the list: two hats and a cowl. I whipped the cowl up in 1 hour and plan on putting the pattern on the blog. Pardon that I look like I'm half asleep and seriously hot. I am half asleep and seriously hot... that cowl is warm!

I had my son take the picture - and because he is 12, there is this weird slant upward for the photo. Oh well - I'm just glad he is willing to help me with silly things like this. *chuckles*

The first hat is something I've been rattling around in my head for a while but haven't tackled until Wednesday night after I finished the cowl. I think joining different types of yarn crafting is interesting and I'd like to try more of it. The hat was my first attempt at doing this. Look for the pattern soon. I may do it as a video and written instruction.... just because.

Cris' Hybrid Hat
Other than these items, I really don't have much more going on. I know I need to snap off the last few ice skates and start the golf club covers if I'm going to finish them to be Christmas presents.

The last week has been an interesting one ... I have not quite felt myself since I have achy joints, sore chest, and dizzy spells. You see - I was bit by a spider last weekend. I haven't gone to the doctor yet simply because I am not displaying a fever. I have looked up information and have a decent benchmark on when I should go to the doctor if necessary - couple how I feel physically to my general workload AND the idea I need to make the kids' costumes by this weekend ... its a recipe for blog failure.

I really do plan on getting back to regular updates as soon as possible. Right now it looks like it will be in two weeks, right after I finish my comprehensive exam for graduation.

sneak peek to my daughter's costume
So other than all this - things are going along as normal. I look forward to seeing how everyone else is doing. For me, right now, I think its interesting to see that the list I originally picked is way to small but I know I could never have predicted all the additions. Granted, it will be pretty cool at the end of 12 months to see just how much I can get done in a year.

Have a great day everyone!


Project List Items (not complete)
- Filet Market Bag
- Lacet Table Runner [...started...]
- Throw for living room sofa (no pattern selected yet)
- Round Afghan/Throw (potential Christmas present)
- Angel Tree Topper
- 4 pair Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments (office Christmas gift)
- 2 sets Golf Club Covers (no numbers) - (Christmas gifts)

Project List Items (done)
- 3 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments (personal use)
- 11 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments (office Christmas)
- Easy Cabled Scarf
- Poncho (early Christmas present)

Added Items (not complete)
- Wristlet Bag (adjusting pattern) [...65%...]
- EnviroTote Market Bag #4 [90% complete]... I really need to line this and get it off the list!
- Angel Hair scarf
- 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector
- 4 thread crochet coasters
- knit socks [started]
- hybrid hat

Added Items (done)
- Wristlet Bag (making my own pattern)
- Mystery CAL Beach Bag
- 5 Knit Washcloth
- 3 Crochet Dishcloth
- 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector
- Ear Bud "purse"
- WW Yarn Runner for  ledge
- Angel Hair scarf
- 1 hour cowl
- Hybrid Hat (patting coming soon)
- 1 Loom Knit Hat

---------------------
This post is part of the Ravelry Group "Come Blog-A-Long" #yearofprojects Project. If you are interested in joining along or finding other posts similar to this one, visit the group on Ravelry.

11 comments:

Kate said...

wow... how do you find the time to do so much?! I do hope you feel better soon, and those spiders are scary... At least you won't be cold, with that lovely hat and cowl!

Cris said...

Hi there! Oddly, time is usually a huge issue for me but all the projects I finished this week were EASY - The hardest of the three was the white hat - it took roughly 2.5 hours to complete. I've been really managing my time better these last couple weeks because of my comp exam looming and Halloween. So all homework is being pushed into 1 night - and oddly that's giving me more time than I usually have LOL perhaps I should KEEP doing that for the rest of the semester *laughs*

Faith said...

How annoying to get your second sock wrong, however as you say a learning experience at least. I am terrible for not properly reading instructions, and have come unstuck on more than one occasion!

Good progress on your cowl and hat, having a few quick projects to do makes the longer ones easier!

Do hope you're feelin better soon, hope it isn't the bite and that you find some time to rest up and recover properly!

CrochetBlogger said...

Sounds like the situation with the socks worked out okay since you got some practice in and learned that you need to learn more. :) Loving that cowl!

Dorothy said...

Wow 59% complete .. you're right on the mark aren't you?  Well done!  I love your hat and would love the pattern if its available.  My plan is to make 50 hats before the end of our YoP and I'm on the lookout for different, interesting patterns. Ouch .. spider bites aren't much fun .. hope you feel better soon.  That last pic gave me a shock - thought it was one of those that bit you but then noticed its part of your daughter's costume :)

florencefrazier2002 said...

What kind of spider bit you dear?

Cris said...

I have the lil beastie that bit me but never went and confirmed its type. I'm about 80% sure it was a brown recluse. I kept him thinking that if any of the bad stuff happened, I could take him in with me. Thankfully, the bad stuff didn't happen *whew*

Cris said...

I will be writing up the pattern as soon as I get a moment to sit down to do it, since I have to make another to ensure I did it right (hopefully this week).

Cris said...

Yup - the sock situation was definitely "blah" but was an eye opener :)

Cris said...

I wish the other sock had gone swimmingly but oh well - I'm hoping to get to yarn group this week and discuss the short-row heel :P And yes, the quick projects definitely make the long ones go better. Having something to break from is always good.

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

I love the one hour cowl!  You don't look sleepy to me in the picture - more like "content."

Post a Comment